A great trip isn’t a one-size-fits-all proposition. Rather, your greatest adventures are uniquely your size, reflecting your style and budget. An easy way to get personal when you travel is with customized vacation planning, which can be a private tour (meaning, you’ve hired a driver and guide to explore a destination with your preferences in mind) or a custom independent trip (meaning, many elements—like accommodations, transportation, entertainment and dinner reservations—have been pre-booked for you, each one reflecting your tastes).
An expert travel agent is a great resource for customized vacation planning, recommending drivers and guides, or making all the many vacation reservations for you. To get you started, here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a customized vacation or privately guided trip.
Know the Benefits
It just makes sense that the more personal the approach, the more satisfying the outcome. This is true is all areas of life, and especially when it comes to travel. After all, you’re spending valuable vacation time and money to have your best vacation experiences—and the more personal, the better!
There are many benefits to having at trip tailor-made to your specific needs; here are just a few:
- Confidence: Wondering if you might be missing an experience you’d love is a terrible worry to have while traveling, and customized vacation planning diminishes that concern. Instead, you can travel in confidence, knowing your private tour or custom independent trip inherently reflects the things you like most.
- Ease: Unless you’re planning on lounging on the beach for the duration of your stay, a trip is not necessarily a restful event. Think about it: You’re on the move, staying in new places, meeting new people, trying new things, transporting your belongings and possibly speaking a different language than you speak at home while navigating a new culture. How exhausting! With a trip designed just for you, however, you can rest assured that your i’s have been dotted and your t’s have been crossed, and that what’s in store for you is specifically designed to please (and ease) you.
- Special Pricing: We have access to travel deals and discounts only available when you book more than one trip element at a time.
- Getting Personal: Custom planning can include as little or as much as you want, from airfare plus transportation plus hotel, to private guided services, to simply joining an existing tour for a day.
Know Where to Go
Popular areas for customized vacation planning include Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Africa, Asia and the Caribbean (where island-hopping is best when personalized and planned ahead). What do all these areas have in common? They are all destinations within destinations, meaning they are big and offer so many options that there might not be an organized group tour that covers everything you want to do in one visit. So you pick a city—say Amsterdam or Auckland—or a spot—like the French Riviera or the Gold Coast—and you tailor an itinerary to include the sites you most want to see so your experience meets, or exceeds, your expectations.
Travel by Darcy specializes in planning customized trips worldwide. Contact us today for your initial consultation!
* Please note “plan to go” deposits may be required on some trips in order to start the quoting and planning process. Contact us for more information