The majority of traditional wedding planning sites only include honeymoon planning as an after-thought. Most say you should start looking or booking your honeymoon six months before departure. In my opinion, you can start much earlier — and it’s to your advantage to do so. Airfares are published 10 months before departure, and it’s a great time to start planning with your Romance Travel Specialist.
In addition to relieving stress of a pressed timeline, planning early is also easier on your wallet, because you’ll have at least 8 months to pay for everything. Doesn’t that sound better than making one huge payment?
Based on my experience, I strongly suggest you follow this honeymoon planning timeline in order to have access to the best flights, rooms, and activities:
10 Months Before:
• Determine Budget and create a wish-list
• Airfare is published
• Contact a travel professional
9 Months Before:
• Place your honeymoon deposit
• Set up your honeymoon registry
4 Months Before:
• Apply for or renew your passport
• Find out if you need vaccinations
3 Months Before:
• Shop for cameras and luggage (or put them in your registry)
• Start SCUBA and/or language lessons
2 Months Before:
• Withdraw Gifts from honeymoon registry (usually in cash)
• Apply your honeymoon registry towards your final payment
1 Month Before:
• Your travel itinerary and documents will arrive
• Verify names on passports and make sure they match your travel documents
2 Weeks Before:
• Start planning honeymoon attire
• Start a packing list
1 Day Before:
• Gather and secure travel documents in your carry on
• Check-In online!
• Try to contain your excitement for 24 more hours
Where are you on this timeline? Do you need some extra help, or someone who can help you catch up, take the stress off, and deliver an amazing honeymoon?
If you’re ready to start planning, complete my Honeymoon Questionnaire today. I can’t wait to hear from you!