There are two types of travelers: Those who love cruising, and those who haven’t yet experienced the right cruise. Popular cruising destinations include the Caribbean, Mexico, Mediterranean, Alaska, and Hawaii, and the right cruise offers luxe accommodations, superb restaurants, and enlightening excursions—along with the priceless ability to unpack once while you get to know several different destinations. For the perfect romantic escape at sea, here are several of my essential cruising tips:
- Not all cruise lines are created equal—they vary in quality (food/service/accommodations), size (small to mega), duration (average is 7-10 days), and style (adults-only to family-friendly and everything in between, from luxe to barebones).
- Don’t be lured by online deals—find the cruise line, ship, and itinerary that’s just right for you. The initial pleasure of saving a few dollars won’t mean anything if you’re unhappy the whole cruise.
- Book a suite or a cabin with a balcony—splurge, it’s your honeymoon!
- You can book more than a year in advance, which is ideal if you want to budget for your honeymoon, or take advantage of a payment plan.
- Consider a non-traditional cruising option, like a river cruise, which you can enjoy in many destinations around the world, including Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- Think beyond the cruise itself—extend your honeymoon with a hotel stay or vacation home rental before and/or after the cruise.
You’ve got a sea of options—and, unfortunately, just as many potential pitfalls. Consider me your cruising life preserver! I know the cruise industry inside and out, and I can help you navigate all your choices until you’ve arrived at your ideal cruise. From Destination Weddings at sea or an exotic port to romantic sailing adventures around the globe, we have the right cruise experience for you. Remember, I’ve spent the past 20 years as a Romance Travel Specialist, and my job, my passion, is making travel dreams come true. (See how this process works, and the many benefits of using a travel agent.)
To get started, complete my Honeymoon Questionnaire, call 603-418-8698 or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to working with you!