Getting organized can help you make sense of all the info out there. It can help you move past analysis paralysis and start making concrete plans. Best of all, when you’re clear on what you need, you can start to get excited for the amazing trip that’s coming up instead of feeling overwhelmed and stressed!
There are so many options for having a fabulous honeymoon, and my hope is that this list will help you narrow them down.
1. Be flexible! If you are flexible with your dates, you will get the best value for your money.
2. Plan Early. The earlier the better! There are no deals to have at the last minute — for real, I promise! The earliest you can book is 10 months from your departure date.
3. Research airline schedules and daily flight plans. Not all destinations receive daily flights. Even when a destination is closer, it does not mean it is necessarily easier to get there.
4. Consider other nearby airports to fly out. Sometimes driving a bit can afford you non-stop flights or better itineraries.
5. Be open to low and shoulder seasons. Four words: Great deals. Not crowded!
6. Schedule time once a week to go over your options and discuss each other’s priorities. Then reach a happy medium.
7. Start a research journal (hardcopy or online). Having your wish list and facts in one place will make the process easier.
8. Be a team and delegate duties. Planning your honeymoon is a great exercise to get better at working together.
9. Ensure passports and travel documents are up to date. It can take up to 6 weeks to receive your passport, and the passport number is needed to finalize any booking.
10. Work with a professional. A travel expert can help you look past the pretty but misleading websites and biased reviews to find the perfect destination for you.
If you have any questions about any of these tips for planning your honeymoon or
getaway — or want to get started making those plans — call me at 603.418.8698 or shoot me a quick email to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org