There is perhaps no vacation as sacred as a rendezvous with that special someone. Whether it’s your first trip away as a couple, or a celebratory trip honoring your 50th anniversary, in these special moments together that the two of you can focus on each other, and the things you both enjoy most.
To ensure you love the trip as much as you love each other, it is vital that you enlist the help of an expert travel agent to match you with the top romantic destinations (or top honeymoon spots) and accommodations that best reflect the two of you. To get you started, here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a romantic vacation or honeymoon.
Know Where to Go
Some destinations seem specially designed for lovers, and here’s a quick look at several top romantic spots:
- Tahiti: This exotic destination is easy to get to (just an 8-hour flight from Los Angeles) and offers an appealing Polynesian culture and utterly romantic accommodations in the form of private, overwater bungalows. Think about cruising the islands of Tahiti to sample multiple destinations (while only having to unpack once).
- Jamaica: This diverse island has everything from beautiful beaches to coffee plantations, mountains (with waterfalls!), spas, horseback riding and golfing. While perhaps best-known for its all-inclusive, adult-only resorts like Sandals, Couples Resorts and Secrets, Jamaica has a resort for every budget and interest.
- St Lucia: This lush island can certainly keep you busy with a number of outdoor activities, but we suggest you succumb to its relaxed pace and romantic mood. Here, most resorts are built into the hillside so your room, suite or villa will probably have the kind of dramatic ocean views seemingly made for romance.
- Dominican Republic: This inviting destination has activities like water sports and golf, but you might find the DR puts you in the mood to simply relax and be together. There are dozens of resort types here, including the one we prefer most: boutique, beachfront resorts that provide personalized service and cater to couples.
- Italy: This dreamy destination—the land of “amore”—consistently ranks in the top 5 honeymoon destinations worldwide each year . . . and it’s no wonder: Between the history, the people, the food, the wine, the villas, the shopping and the views, Italy’s tantalizing diversity offers something for everyone.
- Paris: This chic city is all about love and romance—think of embracing at the top of the Eiffel tower, cruising along the Seine, walking the halls of the Louvre hand in hand, buying each other something special in a nearly hidden boutique and toasting each other over an exquisite French dinner. Ooh, la, la.
- Mexico: This easy-going destination has an inviting culture, impressive cuisine and affordably luxurious accommodations! If you’re based in North America, this is the perfect destination for a quick trip, or a close-to-home—but not too close—honeymoon destination for those looking to stretch their vacation dollars.
Want to count on love at first sight when it comes to your romantic vacation or honeymoon? Contact us for a free consultation and get matched up with your perfect destination and accommodation.
Know Where to Stay
When it comes to lighting your fire, a generic hotel room might not cut it. Instead, consider truly unforgettable (and romantic!) alternatives like overwater bungalows in Tahiti, tented camps in Africa, luxury hotels in Paris, villas in Italy or private verandah staterooms on cruise ships. Think about where you’ll be returning to each night, and prioritize those elements (like a view) that matter most. Sure, there are many choices, but the good news is we can make quick work of helping you decide which romantic option is best for the two of you.
Book in Advance
If you have your heart set on a certain spot, don’t procrastinate—book 3 to 6 months in advance (this might also make it easier to get a deal). This is especially important if you’re traveling during the destination’s high season.
Budget Beyond Your Wedding
Our best honeymoon planning tip is to budget for your wedding and your honeymoon. There’s nothing more disappointing than cutting corners and compromising on the trip that should usher in your married life in style.